Krystal and the City

This is a blog for my family and friends to keep abreast of my goings-on in NYC.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Manhattan, New York

I am 23 and pursuing acting and professional waitressing in New York City.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Ho Ho Ho

Ho Ho Ho

Hi all. Getting ready for my big weekend of work... i know you are excited for me. I am working tonight - double tomorrow and then Saturday night, Sunday night (that's christmas eve for those who aren't keeping tabs), off sunday (movie day), work monday night, Tuesday double, then Wednesday is the glorious day I get to board a plane and COME HOME!! Though wednesday is less than a week away, it's feeling like an eternity. I have never been so excited to get home - except after Harlaxton - but that was 4 months away from home and much more understandably excitable. It's been 2 months... i'm crazy.

Did I mention that my work plays Christmas music 24/7 and that I walk by the tree at Rockefellar center everday to get to work? I'm beginning to understand why people who are alone in the city at Christmas are often pretty depressed. It's hard to avoid the season in New York - or anywhere for that matter. I am lucky to have family and friends to go home to (albeit after Christmas... but still). I just feel bad for people who don't have a lot - or who hate their families. Scott's not too fond of his family - so he's not doing anything for Christmas. I'm glad I will be here - i'll be at work - but at least i'll be in the apartment. He can come have a nice juicy christmas eve t-bone dinner at Del Frisco's. "It's the hap, happiest season of all...."

I also think children are an essential part of christmas being fun. I am going to get into volunteering next year - it's one of my new years resolutions. I think Christmas is supposed to be for children, and until I have any of my own (yikes) I would like to at least be around them during some of the Christmas season - and year round.

I did get to go and see the Rockettes with Jana the other night. We got dressed up and it was pretty cute. Though, I must say, it was quite a let down. I don't want to ruin it for those who have never seen it and still hold it dear to their hearts...but it's not at all what I was expecting. I had never even been to Radio City and I was pretty excited about that. I really thought it was a classy affair - which is why Jana and I got dressed up. And Radio City is gorgeous- there's no denying that. But some of the magic is lost when in the lobby you can by a giant ball of cotton candy being sold in a gawdy santa tin and then get a frozen daquiri in a plastic souvenir radio city take home glass that comes with a glow in the dark radio city swizel stick. I swear, we were going to see a football game at Radio City. It was ludicrous. But don't think my disgust with the whole thing deterred me from partaking.

Here is a link to the photos of our Radio City Adventure... plus some more from random holiday things. I couldn't upload them all to this blog - so I thought I would just show you a bunch!

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=1AcNnDVq5ZMXLA

I hope the link works - let me know if it doesn't.

But anyway - The Radio City Christmas Spectacular was just that.... a spectacular. It was all these lights and craziness and the rockettes did 3 or 4 big numbers - but the rest of it was this weird children's show - i just wasn't all that impressed. And there was a huge nativity scene at the end - and it was really beautiful - but it didn't mesh with the ridiculousness of the rest of the show, if that makes any sense.

I was just kind of disappointed. And perhaps I went in not respecting it since I was, in fact, slurping my giant strawberry daquiri out of a light-up souvenir cup. It is definitely a tourist spot, and I'm actually beginning to think that perhaps New York is better for me as a tourist spot then an actual place to live. We'll see.

I hope everyone is well, and I miss you all. Don't forget to check out the pics!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetheart!!

Happy Holidays!! Can't wait to have you home!! Think of all the people who will be enjoying your great service during this next weekend. Your picts turned out great...good job. Please give my regards to Scott and Sammy. See you very soon!

Love Always,

DaD

PS: Merry Christmas!!

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is fantastic...I am sure looking forward to seeing you. We just looked at all your headshots they were all so good it would have been impossible for me to decide. I love you sweetheart.

Love, Grandma Wylene

6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is fantastic, it sounds like you are staying very busy, I looked at your headshots with your Mom and they were all so good I would have a hard time choosing one. I look forward to seeing you sweetheart.

Love, Grandma Wylene

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you and ditto!

Love, Mom

6:27 PM  
Blogger Krystal said...

You guys are the greatest.

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home