Krystal and the City

This is a blog for my family and friends to keep abreast of my goings-on in NYC.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Manhattan, New York

I am 23 and pursuing acting and professional waitressing in New York City.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Weekend

Hi there -

So this weekend was pretty great overall. Friday night I went out to Brooklyn and met Alex for drinks at this great bar over there. Then we came back to Manhattan and attempted to do karaoke - but the bar was too crowded. But we had a good time. Saturday I went with Jana to see this show at the Slant Theatre that had a whole bunch of Evansville alumni in it. It was wonderful! I saw so many people that I didn't even know were in New York, and that certainly had no idea I was here. It was wonderful. And I talked with Amelia, a girl who was a senior when I was a freshman at Evansville - and I have always looked up to her and admired her. She just graduated from the NYU graduate acting program and she's going to do a show at Arena stage in D.C. - which is really great for her. She just talked to me for the longest time and was so kind - it was really great.

I also had a rehearsal for the Columbia Film School Directing scene I am doing. I hadn't been up to Columbia yet and the campus is absolutely gorgeous. It's so strange to see this really beautiful, lush, green college campus in the middle of the city - but that's exactly what it is. And I really like the people I am working on the scene with. It should be fun!

AND I was asked by David Caudle *(see previous post for info on David) - to read the stage directions in his upcoming reading at Primary Stages - which is really great for me. So I am super excited.

I am doing well and enjoying myself. I am getting my headshots taken on Monday, Nov. 20, and I'm meeting with a voice teacher tomorrow and I am going to Del Frisco's on Tuesday and I am finally getting a little bit busy - which is great!

I'll try and keep posting often, because I know how much my mom and dad (and bethany) love it.

xoxoxo

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetheart!!
Love your Blog!! Thanks for taking the time to share your adventures with us!! I mailed a package to you today (Monday the 13th) you should receive it by Wed. Good Luck at Del Frisco's tomorrow!! Post picture of umbrella...I hope I didn't mess up your computer let me know if I did.
LOVE ALWAYS,
DaD

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kyle loves it too!

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home