Krystal and the City

This is a blog for my family and friends to keep abreast of my goings-on in NYC.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Manhattan, New York

I am 23 and pursuing acting and professional waitressing in New York City.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Tuesday

I had a meeting with an acting career counselor yesterday. He's a director/choreographer who has been in theatre for thirty years. He came very highly recommended from my Aunt Yoli. So I met him at his home in Queens yesterday... it took about an hour to get there by train because the train got stuck for half an hour. But that's ok. I got there and he was really kind and seemed to really know what he was talking about. I showed him my headshots and resume and he told me everything I needed to adjust on my resume. Then he said he liked my headshots, but that I need some that are a bit more commercial and marketable to the musical theatre crowd. I don't have a smiling headshot and he said that at least a friendly looking one was necessary (all of mine are fairly serious). So I'm looking at getting some new headshots.

And I will need them to start doing the mailings that he recommends. He says that there is a lot of extra work to be found in New York and the best way to get involved is to mail headshots/resumes to the casting directors with very specific cover letters addressing the directors personally. But I need the headshots before I can do these mailings...it's one big giant holding pattern.

Anyway - here's my new hair!















I took the photos myself... so don't make fun. And you'll notice the shelving system behind me, the one that I assembled myself, thank you very much.

p.s. HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!!

I think I might be going to see a play tonight. Not the spookiest way to celebrate Halloween, but I'll force myself to watch a scary movie when I get home. And someone eat some candy for me - though Scott says he's gonng buy some just in case kids stop by the apartment.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lovee, the hair is WOW! I love it! Did the resume guy tell you where to get the head shots? Nice job on the shelf unit. I hope you get to see a great play tonight...Happy Halloween lovebug! Love, Mom

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home