Krystal and the City

This is a blog for my family and friends to keep abreast of my goings-on in NYC.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Manhattan, New York

I am 23 and pursuing acting and professional waitressing in New York City.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Restless

I am officially a hair model at Bumble & Bumble salon. The salon gives free haircuts in exchange for having real people instead of dummy heads for their stylists-in-training to practice on. So, yes, I am a glorified dummy head... but I get a free haircut by an up-an-coming stylist who is training at the top salon in New York... so I think it's a pretty good trade. My appointment is at 12:00pm - I'm just getting a trim and getting my bangs cut.

Today is also the day that Ikea delivers my stuff! Luckily Scott is working from home today - so if my furniture hasn't come by the time I need to get my hair cut, he'll be here to sign for it. And then I get to assemble it. Awesome. Although, I do consider myself fairly handy. But I think Scott is going to help me - and possibly Adam (my friend Sarah's boyfriend).

So last night was fun. I went to Greg's improv class again - and I feel like I might actually getting worse at improv - but Greg insists I'm a natural. (He's family and he has to say that....) But after that I met up with my Uncle Dan & Aunt Barb! And Greg got to meet them - Greg is actually Uncle Dan's 2nd cousin - and I'm Greg's Third cousin - or something like that. Anyway - Dan is closer in relation to Greg than I am - so that was neat for them to meet. And it was soooo wonderful to see them. I am, of course, missing close family here in the big city - and to see them was almost as good as seeing my Texas family. (I still miss you, please please come visit me...).

Anyway - it was kind of loud at the bar we were at - but it's always loud at bars here so I don't know why we thought this one would be any different. It was kinda weird because we were all having this weird sort of family reunion - but a lot of the people from the improv class were there too - so it was a weird mix. But it was fun. And Dan, Barb and I are all going out on Friday night - and I think Uncle Dan is trying to get tickets to a show! Hooray! I am excited to hang out with them. And Mema, I'll be sure and give Aunt Barb a birthday hug for you!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Krystal it's Laura, Beth's friend, I was asking how you were going in NY and she told me you had a blog so I hope you don't mind that I came and visited. It sounds like your doing great. The view from your appita is unbeleiveable, but makes me slightly queezy (is it wierd that I have gotten scared of heights as I have gotten older?) Anyways, I wish you all the best. Have a great weekend

10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that you were able to spend some time with Dan and Barbara and am delighted that Greg and Dan met. Hope your furniture arrived okay and it wasn't too hard to put together. I worked ten hourse yesterday, Friday, and today, and will work again tomorrow so am tired and heading to bed. God bless....
Love you, Mema

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home