Krystal and the City

This is a blog for my family and friends to keep abreast of my goings-on in NYC.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Manhattan, New York

I am 23 and pursuing acting and professional waitressing in New York City.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Hi all,

Last night I went out with Alex and his wife, Marcy, and as I said before, I wasn't sure what it was going to be like. I hadn't actually hung out with Alex in about 5 years - so I didn't know what to expect from him and his wife. Well let me tell you, I had an AWESOME time. They were just wonderful and I really, really enjoyed myself. I really like Marcy - she's very cool and down to earth and Alex and I had a lot of fun catching up. We went to a karaoke bar and sang "Time after Time" by cyndi lauper as a duet. It was awesome. I am hoarse today.

Needless to say, the evening involved drinking and staying up late, which normally would be fine on a Saturday night- except that this morning (Sunday) I had to wake up at 8:15 AM to get to Tom & Yoli's apartment by 9:30 to go to IKEA. So... I was a little crazy and a little dehydrated....

However, my Ikea shopping adventure was definitely time and money well-spent. I went with my Aunt Yoli, Uncle Tom and their friend Frida. We spent about 2 1/2 hours in the store... and I got just about everything I needed.



<----- My new duvet











THEN we went to a store called B.J.'s (very similar to Cosco or Sam's) - and I got a few things that I had been avoiding buying in the city due to the exorbitant cost. Still... it was a long long day and I am pretty sleepy now. Scott and I went out for Sushi and I'm about to go and meet up with Jana and Sarah - two of my old Evansville pals and an old teacher of ours, Julie Dubiner, who is in town for the weekend. It should be fun.

For now, my room is a mess with lots of stuff that I have no where to put...and lots of Ikea bags. My furniture is being delivered Thursday and I should be able to get my act together after that. I just feel very messy and disorganized right now - but I suppose that's to be expected.

Hope everyone is well... and I'm enjoying the comments people are leaving (that goes mostly to my mom. and beth. ) :-) And don't cry for me Mom - I actually enjoyed the good long cry I had during Mr. Holland's Opus... it was refreshing. All my love....

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for giving me yet another thing to distract me from all the work I should be doing. Great to hear about what you're up to. Good luck moving in. Wish I could help/go bar hopping in NY with you. Miss you.

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetheart!!

Love your blog! Great talking to you last night! Loved the pictures of the dog! Boxes on the way, let me know if you need anything!!Stay Happy!! LOVE ALWAYS!!
DaD

4:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got to meet Alex's wife..sounds like you had a great time with them. It will be nice for you to get your stuff organized. I know it's driving you nuts, I hope you have tools to put everything together. I love the blog! LoveXXOOMom

4:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home