Krystal and the City

This is a blog for my family and friends to keep abreast of my goings-on in NYC.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Manhattan, New York

I am 23 and pursuing acting and professional waitressing in New York City.

Saturday, October 21, 2006

I cried today

Sorry for the depressing title... but this morning I woke up early because Sammy was barking incessantly... it really doesn't bother me. But it woke me up. So anyway... I was up at 8am and I turned on the T.V. and the movie Mr. Holland's Opus was on. Just a note - spoiler coming up. So if you haven't seen the film - resist the burning urge to read on. But back to the movie. I am a big fan of this movie - and I was excited. Well... I was getting really into it and then came the part when they find out their son Cole is deaf - and I started bawling. We're not talking a little teary eyed... oh no... BAWLING (I know Sarah is feeling my pain right now.... j/k... ha ha ha) But seriously - I couldn't STOP! It was ridiculous. Finally I stopped. But then the part came where the principal retires and tells Mr. Holland that he was her favorite teacher. Krystal=Bawling. Then came the part where the drummer dies in the war. Krystal=Bawling. Then it just became ridiculous. I couldn't stop. And I decided that I have to do something with my life that can impact people the way Mr. Holland impacted all of those around him.

Anyhoo. I'm going out for drinks with Alex Adams and his wife tonight. For those who don't know, Alex was my very first boyfriend in high school and I haven't really seen him since high school. So, it should be fun. We both agreed it might be a little awkward... but we're both here in New York and we're both actors and we're old friends - so why not hang out? We're going to a Karaoke bar - so it should be a fun time.

I also did nothing productive today. But tomorrow I am going to Ikea with my aunt & uncle - Tom & Yoli - they live in the city and have kindly offered to take me. I'm excited because then I will finally have my furniture and can unpack my boxes. I did unpack all of my clothes - and I, of course, brought too many. And yet I still have nothing to wear. Ha ha ha....

More later.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lovee, you made me cry just reading about your morning. I hope you have great success today at IKEA. I can't wait to hear how it went. I love you! Mom

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stop crying. Be a man.

-Sean

3:53 PM  
Blogger Krystal said...

Thank you family for your undying support and love.

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home