Krystal and the City

This is a blog for my family and friends to keep abreast of my goings-on in NYC.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Manhattan, New York

I am 23 and pursuing acting and professional waitressing in New York City.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Parents!

Hi All -

So I had a really wonderful weekend. My parents decided to take a spur of the moment trip up here to see me! It was so nice. They got to see my place and meet my roommate and see all that I'm doing up here. I think they really enjoyed it - and I definitely feel better now that they have seen where I'm living because I know they probably feel better about my safety and all after having met my roomie and seen my building.

As proof that they actually were in New York and in my apartment I present:

Exhibit A

Michael & Cheryl O'Connor + Sammy Smith = Cuteness



Now you know that this whole "my parents came to visit" thing wasn't just some giant web of lies. Because I know you were wondering.

Anyway!
We had a sort of last minute get-together at my apartment Saturday afternoon. Scott (my roommate), my parents, Tom & Yoli and their friend Lloyd all were here and we drank wine and had some snacks and it was really great. My parents had never met Tom & Yoli - and Yoli had never been to my apartment -so it was nice to make all of that happen. It was fun because Scott and Lloyd were talking to my dad about being a pilot and they kept asking him all of these questions - I learned more about what my dad does in one day then I had known in 23 years of living with him. I guess that doesn't speak well of me for not knowing what exactly a pilot's job entails... but now I know!

And then my Mom, Dad and I all went to this really great italian restaurant for dinner. It was very nice. I really enjoyed spending quality time with them. And then they left today - so it was a quick stay - but I really appreciated it. And they will be celebrating their 25th Wedding Anniversary on November 7, so I am glad they got to have a little weekend adventure to celebrate!

Talk to everyone soon.....and thanks again to my Mom & Dad for coming... it meant the world to me!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute picture of your mom and dad and Sammie. Their quick trip was great for you as well as them because I know they feel better now being able to picture where you are and meeting Scott and Tom and Yoli. So, did the phone get fixed???? Love you, Mema

11:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lovee, way to go getting the pic on your blog so quickly...we had a great time! Your place is fantastic and your roomie is so nice and respectful. You were a great hostess. That Sammie is adorable! I look forward to more visits to the Big City. I love you!

Mom

4:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetheart!!
Thanks for the great visit. You have 2 great roommates and a beatiful apartment. I also enjoyed meeting Yolli, Tom and Lloyd. We were so happy to come up and visit, next time it will be for longer!! Thanks for the very special Anniversary gift, you are my favorite daughter!! LOVE ALWAYS!!

DaD

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

KO,

Found your blog. Boy, you wasted no time getting your weekend posted. Nice.

A real pleasure meeting you, your parents and Scott. Agree . . . nice picking your dad's brain. Glad he had plenty to go around.

You definitely appear to be in very good hands. Tom and Yoli are a great family extension for you. I'm sure that means a lot to your folk and their piece of mind.

Thank you for your hospitality and making my brief visit more enjoyable. All the best as you pursue your dreams. With hard work, focus, and a supportive family, they will soon be realized.

Lloyd Prins
San Dimas Guitar Company

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home