Krystal and the City

This is a blog for my family and friends to keep abreast of my goings-on in NYC.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Manhattan, New York

I am 23 and pursuing acting and professional waitressing in New York City.

Friday, November 03, 2006

Broken Phone

Yesterday as I was reading in a Borders book store, I received a phone call from one of the photographers with whom I am consulting for headshots. I softly and polited said I would go outside to call him back, as it is rude to talk on your cell phone in a bookstore. I step outside, mind you, less than ONE MINUTE LATER, and much to my dismay, my cell phone appears to be off. I attempt to turn it back on, though I knew something was arry because I had not turned it off and it is not prone to random shut downs. I examine the phone. Though the buttons are lit up, the screen looks as a computer monitor does when it needs to be turned on. But my phone, of course, was on. I removed the battery from the back, even the small memory chip from the back, reassembled it all and tried again. Nothing. It had a full charge, so I knew that was not the problem.

I then came to the conclusion that my phone had simply broken in the less than one minute it had taken me to walk from the Drama section of the Borders book store to just outside the door. Awesome. So I began to walk home (in the cold... the weather has taken a turn for the winter. The soon to be bitter New York winter...) and realized I would not be able to return the photographers phone call as I had stored his number in my cell phone. His cell number, mind you, that would not be available on his website or one of the many internet searches I could perform for one's home phone number. So I am currently working closely with my father to resolve this issue (as parents, they are not feeling good about me wandering around the streets of New York without a cell phone.) This is completely understandable. What, I ask you, did people do before cell phones?! And I, too, want to get a replacement phone as soon as possible. In the meantime, if you have called me, I'm sorry I have not returned the call. I probably do not have the number I need to call you on because cell phones have made the memorization of numbers obsolete.

Please be patient until we resolve this technical issue.

Thank you.

-Management

1 Comments:

Blogger Krystal said...

I am still going to get a work phone. That has not been a necessity yet - but as soon as I get my new headshots I will get a business phone so that I won't be putting my personal phone number on my resumes that go out to everyone... And the mystery comment was just some random guy that stumbled upon my blog that didn't speak english... weird. So I deleted it.

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home