Krystal and the City

This is a blog for my family and friends to keep abreast of my goings-on in NYC.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Manhattan, New York

I am 23 and pursuing acting and professional waitressing in New York City.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Warm!

It is so wonderfully nice outside! It is the middle of November and I truly thought New York would be freezing right about now - but it's not. And I'm very thankful.

Anyway... today I went to Del Frisco's. I'm going back for a third interview on Thursday... sheesh. But I'm hoping it will all work out.

I had my first voice lesson with a man recommended by Gary John (my career counselor). His name is Phil and he is wonderful! I love, love, loved our lesson. It was an hour long and he was so fun and really knew what he was talking about. He's been directing musicals and directing orchestra's in New York on Broadway and all around the county for about 20 years - he's really great. And I think he's going to help me a ton. And for those who have been forced to listen to the song Memory thanks to my adorable mother's persuadings... I learned how to properly sing the last notes of that song - which I had always adjusted before because I thought I couldn't belt it. But in two minutes this man had me singing it in a way I didn't know that I could sing. So - hooray! And, no, that does not mean I will be singing it willingly each and every time my mother requests... but I am feeling better about my voice.

I got stuck in Queens yesterday. It was a bit of an adventure. I'll share only because I am a little bit bored and I thought it would be funny for some of you, though it was annoying for me. So... I go to Queens every Monday for my career counseling session and I asked Gary how I could get back to Manhattan closer to 69th street instead of 42nd, where I usually go. He said I could take the F train and it would take me directly there - hooray! So I get on the F train in Queens headed to Manhattan..... OR SO I THINK. Oh no folks... I was NOT headed to Manhattan... I was, in fact, headed deep into the heart of Queens. Did I realize this right away? Of course not! About 30 minutes later after I pass about a million stops and finally end up at a spot called "Jamaica Center" - I realize I have been going very far in the opposite direction from where I wanted to be. So - ABOUT FACE - I head back to Manhattan and about 45 minutes later I finally get there. So, what I thought would be a shortcut was actually about an hour detour. But that's ok - I saw the Underground of Queens - and not a lot of people can say that.

Over and out.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home