Krystal and the City

This is a blog for my family and friends to keep abreast of my goings-on in NYC.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Manhattan, New York

I am 23 and pursuing acting and professional waitressing in New York City.

Friday, November 17, 2006

Hi !

I just wanted to say hey. I don't really have a lot to report. I'm getting excited about my upcoming headshot session on Monday. It should be fun.

I've decided to make the most of Thanksgiving in New York since I will not be going home, which I am a little sad about...

I am trying to find some other people who are staying in New York and don't have anything to do for Thanksgiving because apparently a bunch of restaurants stay open and serve Thanksgiving dinner! Though I know it will pale in comparison to a home cooked meal (I will miss your cooking Mema! And I know you guys will have a hard time not having me there to bake the rolls - which I consider myself an expert at...) I know these restaurants will try very hard to give people a great Thanksgiving meal. Which is very exciting.

I was going to try and volunteer at a soup kitchen or something, but I guess I jumped on that bandwagon a little late because every place I called said they had enough volunteers for Thanksgiving already. Which I suppose is wonderful for them - so anyway... I am also going to go Wednesday night with some friends and watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day balloons being filled up - apparently it's awesome! And I might just get myself up at the crack of dawn Thursday and go watch the parade live and in person. Perhaps it will allow me to reminisce about the time my family and Uncle Dan's family got up at 4am New Years Day to go to the Rose Bowl Parade. Ahh... But I do cherish that memory. And I enjoyed the parade - so I'll go and ring in the holiday season right with the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Though, the season was rung in here about 2 months ago. I swear - they started building that tree at Rockefellar center a month ago... but anyway. I'll be there at that parade. With bells on. So if you'll be in the area... feel free to join me.

Over and out.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll be cute wearing bells. I do remember your biscuit skills...though a few were burnt, they were made with love. I'm thinking about this whole "over and out" thing. I know I can come up with something better. Miss you.

11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lovee! It sounds like you will have a lot to do on Thanksgiving Day...more than anything going on around here. Dan and Josie were here and we visited the other Dan and Shelly at the hospital. I love you and miss you!

Love, Mom

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home