Krystal and the City

This is a blog for my family and friends to keep abreast of my goings-on in NYC.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Manhattan, New York

I am 23 and pursuing acting and professional waitressing in New York City.

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Yay

Hi Everyone!

Well, it has been an exciting week. Sorry for the delay in posting... but better late than never right? Anyway. Happy Thanksgiving, by the by. I had a great time. I'll tell you all about it!

Thursday morning Jana and her family and I were all going to go to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade... it was a cold, rainy morning in NYC, as some of you may have noticed as you watched the parade on television. Anyway - the night before - I get a call from Jana saying her Aunt (who is a lobbyist and has connections with everyone) had invited her and her family (and me, by association) to watch the parade from the Time Warner building... hooray! It was so cool! We were on the 4th floor of the building with a perfect view of the parade from indoors! AND there was a free brunch to boot! It was so cool. We watched most of the parade from up there, then Jana and her family and I decided to go down amongst the other folk who were grinning and bearing it in the freezing cold - just so we could get a taste of what it would be like had we not been at an ultra posh indoor parade watching party....

Below are some photos of the event.




This is inside the Time Warner building, and behind us is the parade passing by in Columbus Circle.











This is us inside as well, but behind us is the room that the viewing party/brunch thing was.











This is us out on the street with the other cold, wet parade watching folk. Take note of the awesome shot of the official Santa waving at my camera in the background. I took this myself. Thank you, I know.









Anyway... It was awesome. And then that night, Jana and her family (her mom, dad, aunt, cousin, cousin's husband, and 1 yr old baby) invited me out on their thanksgiving dinner. It was so nice of them - and I really had a great time. We went to this restaurant called the Knickerbocker Bar & Restaurant - and the food was great. Not as good as home cookin... but beggars can't be choosers. I really had a great time and Jana's the greatest for letting me be a part of her family for the day.

P.S. I got the job at that steakhouse I've been telling everyone about!!!!!!!!!! If you would like to know the name of it - just ask. I found out last Tuesday and I am thrilled! It's going to be hard work, but I'm going to meet so many people and I am definitely going to make bank working there. While money isn't everything - it certainly helps.

I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday- and I will write more soon!

Oh - and please feel free to comment - it was acting funny for awhile - but now it's back to normal.

Keep lookin' up, 'cause that's where it all is.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lovee, great pics of the parade day! I'm so happy you have a second family that includes you in holiday activities, you would not have had near as much fun here...getting down all the Christmas stuff, etc. I hope you found the uniform parts you needed for your new job...way to go on Del Frisco's! We are having our Thanksgiving today since Dad was out of town until last night. Sunday dinner is now Thanksgiving dinner. I love you and am so proud of you!

Love, Mom

6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi KO!!

Finally made it home for the holidays!! Your pictures of the parade are great sorry the wx wasn't more cooperative. Congrats on "DEL FRISCO'S" you should definitely make some awesome tips there!! Please thank Jenna from us for being so kind to you. I miss you and hope to talk to you soon...good luck on your training!
LOVE ALWAYS,
DaD

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home