Krystal and the City

This is a blog for my family and friends to keep abreast of my goings-on in NYC.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Manhattan, New York

I am 23 and pursuing acting and professional waitressing in New York City.

Monday, December 11, 2006

Hey

Days just fly by don't they? I have lost all track of time. It feels like Thursday, but I am pretty certain it is Monday.... right? I had a long, long day. Productive... but long.

I had to be at work at 9:30 am this morning after not getting home until around 2:30am last night. I worked until 12:30 last night and then the company Christmas party was going on at a bar nearby, so I felt it would be a nice move to go and mingle with my co-workers since I don't even know half of their names. It was fun - it was just a very silly time to have a party as some of us had to turn around and be up the following morning early... but that's ok.

So I only got about 5 hours sleep... but after the intitial shock of waking up it wasn't too bad. I made decent money for a Monday lunch shift - then I had to go straight from work uptown to Columbia University to perform in the directing scene that I have been working on. It went really well, by the by. I hope that some of the people in the class that saw me perform will, in turn, use me in their scenes and short films next semester.

I then had to go all the way from 116th street to 22nd street to pick up my headshot cd (finally) so that I can get my headshots printed. I picked that up - then decided to get some frozen yogurt. I then left the frozen yogurt shop and realized I had left my boots at my director's apartment on 116th st. I call her... she doesn't answer. I head all the way back up to 116th street via subway - get off - and get a message from her saying she is headed to times square so that i wouldn't have to go all the way back up to 116th..... a day late and a dollar short. So I turn around and head back down - eventually meeting up with her on 42nd. I get on the bus to head home when I realize I do not have my headshot cd. >!>*$&>!?@ So I ponder where I may have left it - when I realize the only place I could have left it was in the frozen yogurt shop. I decide to take a cab back to the 22nd street yogurt shop because by this time my feet are blistered and nearly bleeding from hiking around in my pumps (i hadn't had an opportunity to change back into the boots....). As i'm sitting in the cab, i'm thinking.... "if there was ever a sign that I should give up ice cream... this has to be it." Luckily I did in fact leave my cd in the yogurt shop and it was still open - hooray!

I head home.

Sidenote: On my way to work the other day - I'm strolling down 6th avenue (or avenue of the america's, if you will) and I see a couple of people with cell phones and cameras out taking a picture of a family getting out of a car. I look over and it's none other than Hugh Jackman and family! I was the only person not taking a photo, Hugh appreciated it, and smiled at me! Ok - maybe it wasn't because I wasn't taking a photo.... but he did smile at me! It was awesome.

But back to my day.
I was gone from 8:30am till 11:00pm. Hooray for me.

I miss everyone and hope all is well in your various worlds. Oh - and the job is getting better. It is still extremely hard and taxing on the mind and body - but the money makes up for it. I hate money. I would like it to go away.

But it does make things seem less painful...

This one is dedicated to birthday boy Cameron Shields... the awesomest 2 yr old in Texas. Make that the world.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Krystal,

I know how busy you are, but I also know how much you want this!! Hang in there it will get easier and more enjoyable!! Thinking of you always!!
LOVE,

DaD

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home