Krystal and the City

This is a blog for my family and friends to keep abreast of my goings-on in NYC.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Manhattan, New York

I am 23 and pursuing acting and professional waitressing in New York City.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Lots of Fun

Hey everyone

I'm going to stop apologizing for the long bouts of time between my posts because it means i'm busy and for me, busy is good. So i'm letting go of the time when I was able to post every other day... let's all pause a moment and reflect on that sad time.

Ok moving on. I have had so much fun in the past couple of weeks. Lindsay - my friend from UPTA's - found an apartment about 5 days after she'd come to stay with me - so she stayed a total of one week. It was great having her here but I'm glad she found an apartment because I know she is much happier in her own space.

Then on Monday of last week - (so, a week ago yesterday), Kyle came to stay with me for a week in between his callbacks to acting graduate school. By the by... he got called back to both Yale and NYU... he's a badass. That being said - it meant I got to spend a whole week with him - which was so wonderful. I should mention for those that don't know, Kyle is a friend/ex-boyfriend/best friend from Evansville that I have missed dearly since I graduated. Anyway - it was so great to spend time with him - except for the fact that it was freezing on Monday,Tues, Wed that he was here... like - so cold we couldn't stand outside for longer than 5 min. Which proves difficult to jaunt about the city doing fun things. But, that's ok. We still had a great time.

Shannon was also in town - another friend from Evansville - but she left on Wednesday... the day that Amy arrived! (Another friend from Evansville... rather... a great friend from Evansville). She was coming to stay with me as well - so I had both her and kyle in my apartment from Wed to Sunday - which some may think would be crowded. But not I. I was loving it - it was like a big fun girly slumber party... plus kyle and sammy. Just kidding. It was great though. I loved having them here. And when Kyle was busy with grad school stuff - amy and I went and had so much fun in the city. We went down to canal street - because it FINALLY warmed up on Friday! Hooray! We went down and bought bargain knock-off purses and went and had brunch and it was just wonderful. We also went and had tea at this adorable place called Alice's Tea Cup and yes, we did eat our weight in scones. But it was worth it.









Me, Kyle, Amy








It makes such a difference when it is warm here. Even when it finally hit 40 degrees - we were all like - it's summer! It was great. So nice. And I'm hoping it will stay in the 40's - or, gulp, get warmer! Oh I can't wait for summer. I think you appreciate it more when you've been freezing and staying inside for 3 months.



But long story short, I had such a great time with them and I want them both to hurry up and graduate and, hopefully, move to the big apple. Kyle may end up at grad school on the west coast - and amy may not get to NYC right away.... but I know I would love the city all the more if they were here to help make it fun.



I have not yet begun my internship at the Roundabout. It was put off for a couple of weeks because the girl I am taking over for decided to stay on for a few more weeks. So - I think I will start when I get back from Corpus Christi - which I am so excited about! Hooray!


And Bethany is coming to visit the weekend after Corpus Christi - so that will be wonderful! I just am really looking forward to a lot of things coming up. That being said, I am still working at the waitressing job. They hired some new people - so my seniority has gone up a little... which is nice. But it's still very stressful. Though I will say that they have been wonderful is scheduling around all of my events and internship stuff. They gave me most of the week off last week so I could hang out with kyle and amy - and they are giving me Mon, Tues and Thurs off for good until I say otherwise - Tues, Thur for the internship and Monday for all of my various voice lesson/class/etc. stuff. And just to have a personal day to catch up. So - I think i'll stick it out. At least until the end of April when my lease is up on the apartment - and I'm not sure what is going to happen to me. Yikes. I don't want to think about that.



Till next time....



xoxoxo

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lovee, great to hear all the news! I hope the apartment situation turns out well. It sounds like your job people are treating you nicely. I can't wait to see you in Corpus! I love you lots! Love, Mom

4:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Krystal Ann,
Thanks for catching us up on all the news!! Sounds like you had a great week with a lot more fun coming down the road!! I'll see you Thursday in Corpus...can't wait! Shout out to Scott and Sammy!!
LOVE ALWAYS,
DaD

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home