Krystal and the City

This is a blog for my family and friends to keep abreast of my goings-on in NYC.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Manhattan, New York

I am 23 and pursuing acting and professional waitressing in New York City.

Monday, February 26, 2007

It's Been Too Long

I'm so sorry for not posting for sooo long... I know you were all sitting on the edge of your seats just waiting for the day when I would post again. So - here it is!

I have been very busy the past couple weeks - or however long it's been since I last wrote. My friend Lindsay has come into town and is staying with me at the apartment. I met her in Memphis at UPTA's. Anyway - she's moving to New York and she found an apartment that she is moving into on March 1 - so that's good. It's been nice having her here - I've had someone to go out and hit the town with. I realized that I have been lacking that as most of my friends have two or three jobs and only have weekends off - and then I work all weekend - so our social schedules do not match up. But it's been nice having her here, though it's always a bit stressful to host someone - well - it is for me because I often feel the need to entertain people when they visit me. Luckily she's been out auditioning and finding an apartment and I've been working a lot - so it has worked out.

I applied for this casting internship at the Roundabout Theatre company - and I got it! It's two days a week - Tues and Thurs - and it's unpaid - but at least it will let me in on how one of the biggest theatres in New York goes about casting their shows. And the casting agent that works for the Roundabout also does other casting - including some t.v. and film stuff - so I'll get a first hand look at all of that. I am excited!

My waitressing job is stressing me out though. And now that I have this internship - I am going to have to tell them I can't work Tues, Thurs at all. I also want to have the freedom to audition on Monday and Wednesday - so really, the only weekday I can work for them is on Friday's - and technically we are supposed to work 2 days a week. I just need to talk to them and see if they will work with me on this. If not - then I might have to look for another job...

I have a bunch of auditions coming up for some more summer work and perhaps some stuff here in the city. And my friends Amy and Kyle are coming to visit me next week - so that's very exciting. I can't wait to see them. I just hope I am not working the whole time so that we can actually hang out.

Well - I hope everyone is doing well. I miss you all, and again, I will try my darndest to post more regularly.

Love, Krystal

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Krystal!!

Thanks for the update...please say hi to all your friends from us!! Congrats on the casting job, I hope the restaurant can work with your busy schedule. I love you, be HAPPY!!

LOVE ALWAYS,
DaD

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lovee! I'm glad Lindsey is moving there..someone else to do things with and have something in common with as well. Grandma, Grandpa and Keith are here and it's a fish fry tonight! Yeah! I hope your first day on the new job goes well. I love you!

Love, Mom

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home