Krystal and the City

This is a blog for my family and friends to keep abreast of my goings-on in NYC.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Manhattan, New York

I am 23 and pursuing acting and professional waitressing in New York City.

Friday, January 19, 2007

Preparations

Hi -

Here's a family photo that I have been meaning to post since I got back from Christmas. It's my family... aren't we precious?

Ok - so - I have been preparing all week for this audition that I have coming up on February 12. The audition is in Memphis, TN and it's called the United Professional Theatre Auditions, or UPTA for short. It is basically a cattle-call audition where around 100 or so theatres from across the country will watch me perform two songs and a monologue. Then, against my will, all participants are required to attend the dance callback where we have to participate in two of the following: 1) The movers combinations (for those who are singers/actors but don't considerate themselves dancers, but still can dance when they are given enough time.... aka - me) 2) the jazz/ballet routine and 3) the tap routine. Now I ask you, if you are participating in the movers routine, I think it is safe to say that you do not consider yourself 'dancery' enough to participate in the other two legitimate dance combinations.... right? I am frustrated. So - I've been taking dance classes at this place called "Steps" on the upper west side to prepare. I should have been taking dance classes since the moment I got here, but oh well. I really think it will be fine - I'm just nervous about it.

Anyway - I am excited about the audition. It will be the biggest audition I've done since I graduated and hopefully i will get at least one job out of it - if not more. A lot of it is summer theatre - but some of it is also year-round work. So, ideally, I will get a summer job followed by a regional year-round job somewhere else. That would allow me to get a lot of good stuff on my resume and then come back to New York when it's all done and be a lot more competitive.


Gotta run - I have a double today. I realize I typicall write these things on Friday mornings right before my weekly double at work - so it seems like i'm always working doubles. Typically, I only work doubles on Friday - sometimes Thursday. This week I had Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday off so that was awesome. I got a lot of stuff done - including laundry... thank goodness...


I decided to take a nightly bath before bed, that way I can go for much longer without washing my sheets because I will be clean when i get in them.... is that good logic? or is that gross?


Yours truly....

3 Comments:

Blogger BethanyShields said...

Okay I am very excited about your audition! I am so proud of you! And the family picture is way cute!

7:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lovee! I'm with Beth....I'm so very proud of you and our little pic is sooooo cute! Ha! I loved the update and I think you will knock their socks off in Memphis. I love you lots! Love, Mom

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One more thing, good ideal about the sheets! XXOXO Love, Mom

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home