Krystal and the City

This is a blog for my family and friends to keep abreast of my goings-on in NYC.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Manhattan, New York

I am 23 and pursuing acting and professional waitressing in New York City.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Busy Weekend

Hi!

So... here's what I've been up to. On Friday I worked a double - it went pretty well. Except, I was still a little rusty from having been away from the grind while I was in Texas... but don't worry, it all came screaming back to me after a few tables. After work Friday night I actually went out on a date for the first time in a long time. It was with a guy I had waited on at Del Frisco's right after Christmas and he called and we ended up going out. He was nice, but not really for me. I don't think we'll go out again. But that's alright - I had a fun time anyway.

Saturday morning I got up early and went to an audition for this Columbia playwrights project - I think it went pretty well. Then I met Jana for brunch which was wonderful, as always. And then I had to be at work at 2:30 - and I didn't get done until 2am.... ugh.

Initially, I thought I was going to actually get out early (early being 12am...) but then I got sat at 11:15 - a table of 6 - which included an 80 year old crazy lady and her family.
The table was pretty demanding - especially considering they were eating a 4 course meal at midnight in a restaurant that had closed for the night... but this old lady was a nightmare. When ordering her salad - she asked where we got our spinach. I said I was unsure, but I could find out for her. She said if it was from California - then she wanted something else. I insisted we would not serve her any tainted spinach - she still had me go ask the chef where our spinach was from. When I said it was from produce markets in Jersey, she said that she asked why we were supporting the Jersey economy instead of the New York economy. Ok. Then she kept asking me to get her hot coffee - I would, and every time I did she would put 2 ice cubes in it. #*!*!()(*)&*&( <----- That is a swear word. Then I brought out her steak that she had ordered Medium and it came out Medium-Well. The runner who brought it out said he would take it back and get her a new one - it was no problem. She said no no no. Then proceeded to complain to the whole table as I stood there refilling their water glasses. So then I said I would really like to bring her a new steak so that she would be happy. She said no no no. Then, again, as I'm still standing right there, she says "i don't want a new one, they'll spit in it..." I just decided to walk away at that point. She was just being so rude and I was trying to hard to please her and it just wasn't working.

Finally they finished dinner at around 1am - and then ordered dessert. She asked where our cheesecake was from. I said that we make it in house - it's homemade. She said - "but where is the recipe from? Italy? France? You have to know these things young lady." I said I was unsure of where the recipe was from. She said "don't people ask you that all the time?" I said, no ma'am. I believe the recipe just comes from our chefs imagination.

I was frustrated.

They finally left at 1:30. I got home at around 2:30 and went to bed at 3. I got up at 7am to shower and get ready for a short film shoot that I was doing for my friend Catherine, who goes to Columbia. I had to be there at 9:30 am and I had to get dressed up and into make-up by 9:30. Needless to say - I was sleepy. The shoot went really well, though, and I'm excited to see what I look like on film. I've never done any film projects before. I will try and not be too critical of myself.....

So the shoot ended at around 3:30 - and I had to be at work at 4:30. It went fine - I was tired - but it went fine. And here I am now writing all of this to the world. I am exhausted - but I think the fact that I have three days off work and that I can sleep in tomorrow gave me a burst of energy.

I hope you enjoyed that long story.

Speak to you soon!

Krystal

Affirmation of the Day: I will be kind to my elders, even the obnoxious ones, because they have earned the right to behave like children if they so desire. *

*Note: To my grandparents who are reading this blog and this affirmation: Please realize that the sarcastic nature of the affirmation is directed toward the woman whom I waited on last night and not you and your peers, whom I truly do respect and admire to no end.

Gracefully yours,
Krystal

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lovebug, great story! I'm glad you are kind to your elders, you were raised to be that way...I'm very proud of you...remember GIGI! UGH! The existing grandparents would never behave that way. This gal is obviously insecure and beats up on others to make herself feel better. I'm glad you recognized that immediately. What a weekend you had, I'm glad you had the opportunity to do what you did. I love you and you make my heart smile! Love, Mom XOXOXOXO

5:16 PM  
Blogger Krystal said...

I have the greatest mom ever. Just thought I'd mention that.

8:31 PM  
Blogger BethanyShields said...

Yuck! Did they leave you a good tip! Let's chat.

9:01 AM  
Blogger BethanyShields said...

Oh yeah and I want to see that short film if possible.

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home