Krystal and the City

This is a blog for my family and friends to keep abreast of my goings-on in NYC.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Manhattan, New York

I am 23 and pursuing acting and professional waitressing in New York City.

Sunday, February 04, 2007

All Time Cold

It is officially the coldest cold there ever was. I have physically never been as cold as I was today here in NYC. I am serious. I have never felt like I was literally going to pass out from the cold. It's unbearable. I need much warmer things if this cold persists... and from what I hear, it does. Right on through mid-March. Kill me now.

No, but really. It's not even that it's cold that's the hard part. It's that it's a cold/wind that won't quit. And if you put your eskimo hood on, you lose your peripheral vision and nearly get hit by oncoming traffic. I need a ski mask. But make it a pink one, I don't want people to think I'm a thief.

My friend Rob is staying with me through Thursday. He's a friend of mine from college and it's been really fun having him around. It makes me want to live with people my own age. Not that Scott isn't wonderful.. but I think I've become a bit of a homebody because Scott is an early to bed early to rise kinda guy and I don't have inspiration to go out and enjoy the nightlife.

Anyway. I feel the pressure to be host with Rob here - but he understands I have a very busy week ahead of me - preparing for auditions and all. I am excited. It's gonna be a good week.

My brother just opened Oklahoma at his high school. I don't know the role he's playing... but someone please tell me who the old man hanging out with my parents is!?

I wish I could see the show.... but I have to freeze my arse off up here instead. Sorry... that's negative. I am trying to be less negative. I should refer, again, to one of the six self-help books I got for Christmas. Thanks Mom.

Love and miss you all....

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lovee, I'm sorry it's so cold there! I remember Minnesota..I know the cold that you speak of. We didn't have the buildings to deal with, it's probably a wind tunnel, which has to be worse. I'm glad your friend is staying with you this week. Dan & Barb leave this am. We had a nice time, it would have been nicer with you here! I love you!

Love, Mom XOXOXO

4:30 AM  
Blogger BethanyShields said...

Haha. I will remember to bring my ski mask when I come up. And since we will be wearing them, we might as well hold up a few banks while we're at it, right?

9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Krystal!!!!! It's Sean you big silly. Geez laweez.

7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Krystal,

Make sure you wear a hat and hydrate...avoid the outdoors if at all possible...forecast is for warmer temps later this week 31 by Fri. I love you, think warm thoughts!!

LOVE ALWAYS,

DaD

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home