Krystal and the City

This is a blog for my family and friends to keep abreast of my goings-on in NYC.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Manhattan, New York

I am 23 and pursuing acting and professional waitressing in New York City.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Hi
I have a busy couple weeks ahead... but it's very exciting. I have a couple of auditions lined up for next week here in New York - a few of which I actually have an appointment for - so none of this wait-in-line-and-probably-not-get-seen-anyway bull that I have been doing lately. Then, of course, I have my Memphis audition that I am busily preparing for.

Here's the frustrating part about auditioning in New York. Because I am non-equity, if I go to an equity audition - they are only going to see me and the other non-equity people if all of the equity people finish in the time allotted and there is still time leftover. That being said, I went to an audition this week for Les Mis at a theatre in Utah. It was an equity call - but I figured I'd go and just give it a shot. I got there and was surrounded by a million girls. I crawled my way through the maze of females to find the list - the unofficial 'sign-up' list. I was number 73 on the non-eq list. Not too shabby.... however. They wouldn't be getting to that list. Not anytime this week, anyway. They had a list of 400 equity girls that they had to get through first. And the auditions for females were only going from 10am to 2pm. I was not discouraged, I just decided that there has to be a better way to get work.

My goal this year is to become a member of one of the acting unions. Once I am a member of one, I can join all the others. Then I can at least be on the the first list...

I am excited about this weekend! Mr. Lutz, the director of my college theatre program, is coming into town and we are seeing a show tomorrow night. Spring Awakening. I am excited about it. Then there is an alumni party on Saturday night, which will be great because I can meet other Evansville people who are in New York that I maybe haven't seen in awhile or that I have never met. I'm excited.

Hope everyone is well... it's cold here. But I'm getting used to it. Though, I don't think the wind biting you in the face will ever become less painful. It's just something that those of us up here suffering through it can bond over. For those in warmer climates... don't be jealous. I'd gladly give up bonding over having a frozen face in exchange for a warm breeze.



xoxoxo

3 Comments:

Blogger BethanyShields said...

Long lines? Biting winds? I can't wait to come see you! Haha but seriously that won't stop me! Here I come!!!

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Krytal,

Great talking to you last night...I'm glad you had a good visit with Mr. Lutz. I hope you have fun at your reunion!! Break a leg on all your auditions!!

LOVE ALWAYS,

DaD

1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lovee, I know you can achieve your goal on the union card...just keep prodding away. We wish you could be here with us this weekend, you are definitely here in spirit. We miss you lovebug!

Love, Mom, Dad, Barb, Dan & Sean

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home